DAF Premium Cast Everyday Wrapping Film is a 2 mil Premium White CAST film with a Gloss finish and a permanent pressure sensitive adhesive with a stay-flat 90 lb. liner. This film is designed to accept a variety of solvent-based, latex and UV curable inks. This product is the right choice for those looking for a consistent 7-year Wrap Cast Vinyl for everyday use on a wide variety of vehicles and other challenging surfaces.
Key Features and Benefits
- Face Film: White CAST Print Film
- Gauge: (ISO 2286-3) 2 mil (55 micron) nominal
- Printer Compatibility: Latex, Eco-Solvent, Solvent, UVC, UV Gel
- Type: Permanent grey solvent-based acrylic with air channels/bubble free
- Application temperature: +5C to +60C
- Service temperature: -30C to +110C
- Weight: 146 gsm nominal
- Type: Structured lay-flat with PE coating
- 54″ x 150′
- Shelf Life: 2 years from date of manufacture when stored in proper conditions 70*F and 50% RH.
- External weathering: 7 years. This refers to the unprinted vinyl. Refer to ink manufacturer for
the durability of the finished product.
- Allow a minimum of 24-48 hours for the solvents to dry off before application of the overlaminate, or to the vehicle. Depending on the print and drying conditions this can often be in excess of 48 hours. Retained solvents will reduce adhesion levels.
- Successful vehicle wrap application requires the necessary techniques.
- Apply dry to ensure the best adhesion. Use gentle heat to allow conformability. Do not overstretch as this will cause the application to fail.
- After application ‘superheat’ the film into recesses at 100-105°C.
- The user should determine the suitability of the substrate.
Downloads (click to download)
Data Sheets, Print Settings, and Application Guidelines
Printing and Handling
- Suitable for use on Solvent, Eco-Solvent, and Latex inkjet printers. Always perform a test print first.
- Ensure that the correct profiles and heater settings are used.
- Ensure that the material has reached room temperature and relative humidity of 50% before printing.
- Do not handle the face film directly and ensure it is free from dust and static.
- Over-lamination is recommended to prevent abrasion, extend colorfastness, and also offer easier handling.
- Allow the inks to cure before over-laminating, this is usually 24-48 hours. (Not applicable to HP Latex prints)
- The matched laminate for is DAF Premium Cast Every Day Film for Vehicle Wraps. For all other laminates, the user should determine suitability.
- HP Latex 700/700W/800/800W Series Print Profiles
- EPSON Sure Color R5000L