MetaWrap MD-X is a 50 micron ultra-conformable, extensible digital wrapping media, supplied with the MetaScape air release adhesive system to allow quick and easy application on compound curves as well as moderate recesses. The soft film has been developed to flow and conform over the most challenging surfaces so it’s ideal for total vehicle wraps. The grey blockout adhesive ensures vibrant graphics and minimal substrate show through. The film offers high levels of dimensional stability and brilliant color reproduction on Solvent, Eco-Solvent, and Latex printers.
Key Features and Benefits
- Face Film: Ultra-Conformable, Extensible Film
- Gauge: (ISO 2286-3) 50 micron nominal
- Tensile Strength: 18N/15mm MD min
- Elongation at break: 180% MD nominal
- Type: ‘MetaScape’ permanent grey solvent-based acrylic with air channels.
- Weight: 22gsm nominal
- Adhesion to glass: 20 mins 15N/25mm nominal
- Adhesion to glass: 24 hour 20N/25mm nominal
- Application temperature: +5C to +60C
- Service temperature: -30C to +110C
- Print: ‘MetaScape’ print
- Weight: 140 gsm nominal
- Type: Structured lay-flat kraft with PE coating
- Finishes Available: MD-X-100 White Gloss (‘MetaScape’)
- Roll sizes and net weights:
- 760mm x 50m 10kg
- 1370mm x 50m 19kg
- 1600mm x 50m 22kg
- Shelf Life: 2 years
- External weathering: 7 years. This refers to the unprinted vinyl. Refer to ink manufacturer for
the durability of the finished product.
- Fire Rating: Self-extinguishing. The fire rating is a function of the substrate.
- Chemical Resistance: Unprinted film resistant to mild acids, aliphatic solvents, salt and alkali, diesel oil, gasoline, paraffin, hydraulic oil, antifreeze.
- Allow a minimum of 24-48 hours for the solvents to dry off before application of the overlaminate, or to the vehicle. Depending on the print and drying conditions this can often be in excess of 48 hours. Retained solvents will reduce adhesion levels.
- Successful vehicle wrap application requires the necessary techniques. Refer to www.metamark.co.uk for application guidelines.
- Apply dry to ensure the best adhesion. Use gentle heat to allow conformability. Do not overstretch as this will cause the application to fail.
- After application ‘superheat’ the film into recesses at 100-105°C.
- The user should determine the suitability of the substrate.
Downloads (click to download)
Data Sheets, Print Settings, and Application Guidelines
Printing and Handling
- Suitable for use on Solvent, Eco-Solvent, and Latex inkjet printers. Always perform a test print first.
- Ensure that the correct profiles and heater settings are used. Most profiles are available for download from www.metamark.co.uk.
- Ensure that the material has reached room temperature and relative humidity of 50% before printing.
- Do not handle the face film directly and ensure it is free from dust and static.
- Over-lamination is recommended to prevent abrasion, extend colorfastness, and also offer easier handling.
- Allow the inks to cure before over-laminating, this is usually 24-48 hours. (Not applicable to HP Latex prints)
- The matched laminate for MD-X is MetaGuard X. For all other laminates, the user should determine suitability.